No insurance (or less insurance coverage than you thought)? Since your recovery will be based on your own resources and help from friends, relatives and your community, here are six helpful resources you will want to explore.
- Your community’s department of social services
- Civic organizations specializing in disaster recovery support (examples: American Red Cross, United Way)
- State or municipal emergency services offices
- Nonprofit crisis counseling centers
- Area faith-based organizations (examples: Salvation Army, local churches)
- FEMA – Federal Emergency Management Administration. Go to FEMA’s Disaster Application Center. You may qualify for federal disaster assistance.