Tips for Traveling
Not sure what to pack in your carry-on? Read What’s Allowed In Your Carry-On Luggage.
WHN TIP – Make a Copy: Use our Travel-Packing Checklist when packing your bags, then keep the list separate from your bags. This will help if your luggage is lost and you have to file a claim.
- Do NOT put valuables in bags you are checking (electronics, jewelry, camera, money, credit cards, etc.). Put them in your carry-on if you can.
- Bring all medications in your carry-on. They should be in their original labeled container. Bring prescription copies as well as a list of the generic names.
- Lost luggage is often routed to the address on the tag.
- Do not put a home address on luggage tags (luggage will be returned to an empty house!).
- Put your business card or write the address on your luggage tag.
- If you’re staying in one place for a while, put in that address.
- Mark your suitcases with a bright-colored tape, ribbon or rubber bands so it’s easy to identify.
- Remove old white airport tags (the ones with the barcodes on them).
WHN TIP – Lost: Pack an extra change of clothing (or whatever you deem essential) in your carry-on in case your luggage is lost.