3 FAQs About Marriage as a Legal Agreement
Marriage: not just a matter of love but also a matter of law. Here’s what to know about the legal side of marriage.
What is common law marriage and where is it recognized?
- What states recognize common law marriage
- How to apply for a common law marriage.
- How to tell if you have a common law marriage
- How to keep the “common law” out of your relationship
- Where common law marriages are recognized
What are the legal rights and benefits of marriage?
- What rights and benefits marriage provides to couples
- How same-sex marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships are affected.
- How marriage impacts taxes, property, and money matters.
What are prenuptial agreements?
- What to know about prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
For More Information
Nolo.com — a legal guide, which provides do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses.
FindLaw — a legal Web site, providing comprehensive legal resources on the Internet for legal professionals, businesses, students and individuals.