Expecting a little one?
Returning to work?
Whatever the reason, if you’re looking for full- or part-time child care, we have the information you can rely on.
Starting Your Search
You may have friends or co-workers who can offer recommendations. If not, then our article, Tips for Conducting Child Care Research will help you in the search process.
Some points to consider:
- The type of care would you like for your child
- The experience and special training the caregiver may need – for instance, if your child has special needs
- The time commitment you’re looking for: full- or part-time, weekends, overnight, live-in
- The additional service you need – for instance, transportation to/from care, school, after-school activities
- The budget you have. (Read 7 Sources for Affordable Child Care for some options.)
- The timeframe: do you need to find child care immediately