Click here for helpful forms related to this topic!
There are several ways to register your bike. Choose one or all of the following:
- Self-register your bike
- Take a good picture of your bike. On the back, put your bike’s make, model and license or registration, serial number and any distinguishing features. Store in a safe place at home – not on your bike!
- Keep copies of all warranties, manuals, receipts and other documents. Put them all in a folder and store this information in a safe place either at home or at work.
- The police may be able to recover bikes quickly if they are registered in
advance and have the appropriate information including make, model, color
and serial number.
WHN TIP: Proof of Ownership
Register your bike - there’s a better chance you’ll get it back if it is recovered by the police. Usually, police will not give you back your bike unless they have proof that it belongs to you. In addition, it helps the police identify and locate the proper owner.
- Some companies offer online warranty registration, which can also function as a written record in case your bike is stolen.
- Update your registration information on the National Bike Registry registration page, call 1-800-848-BIKE or visit the National Bike Registry site.
- Prepare a Master Information Box which contains copies of important documents and records, photos and contact information.
A special thank you to the industry professionals, lawyers, insurance agents, first responders and people who gave us their time, insight and real-life advice.
Last Updated: 9/2008